From time to time, you have seen me advocate for another family. This time it's different. This time, it's a family that I know and love dearly. This time, it's one of my first Chicago friends that is adopting.
She is a dear friend who has an amazing heart for orphans. She's the one that really stirred my heart in that direction. We traveled on a my first mission's trip to Mexico together. We have taught at two different schools together. We have served locally together. Now, I get the pleasure of seeing her teach my students about service.
Her heart has always been for kids in need. She has completed all the steps to become a licensed foster parent. She has had several children in her home through the Safe Families program. She routinely opens up her home to children who need a place to stay---all while working and raising her son. She's now ready to open up her home to her new son permanently.
*She has started a blog for her adoption journey. Please head over there and check it out.
*She has a page on Reece's Rainbow. If you feel led, you can make a tax deductible donation there.
*I have an ongoing fundraiser for her (and a few other families I know and love) on myknitting page. 50% of any item ordered goes to her Reece's Rainbow account.
*Check back here and her blog for upcoming fund raisers and updates.
She is a dear friend who has an amazing heart for orphans. She's the one that really stirred my heart in that direction. We traveled on a my first mission's trip to Mexico together. We have taught at two different schools together. We have served locally together. Now, I get the pleasure of seeing her teach my students about service.
Her heart has always been for kids in need. She has completed all the steps to become a licensed foster parent. She has had several children in her home through the Safe Families program. She routinely opens up her home to children who need a place to stay---all while working and raising her son. She's now ready to open up her home to her new son permanently.
*She has started a blog for her adoption journey. Please head over there and check it out.
*She has a page on Reece's Rainbow. If you feel led, you can make a tax deductible donation there.
*I have an ongoing fundraiser for her (and a few other families I know and love) on myknitting page. 50% of any item ordered goes to her Reece's Rainbow account.
*Check back here and her blog for upcoming fund raisers and updates.
